Variable Control Fields
d manuscript notated music
- Choose a code identifying the type or predominant type of compositional form
- Or choose one of the following codes:
- mu multiple types
- uu unidentified type
- Scores: choose a code identifying the score format.
- Or choose one of the following:
- z notated music other than scores, such as an ensemble part or music for unaccompanied solo instrument or voice
- m multiple formats of scores or other music (do not use for score and parts)
- u unidentified format
[blank] unknown or not specified
[blank] no accompanying matter
n not applicable [for both fields]
- Choose a code for the language or predominant language of vocal text.
- Or choose zxx no linguistic content (for nonvocal music)
- Enter additional codes in 041 for translations or parallel vocal texts, or performance instructions or other text in additional languages.